I have to face it. My bathroom is a wretched place to take pictures. I took several test photos for my daily regimen post and nothing was “Post Worthy” or particularly flattering. So I’m going to have to pull out the tripod and give it another go this coming weekend. So in lieu of a full pictorial, I am going to give you a text overview of products that I use on a daily basis. Consider it my list of must haves. You will notice that it is very heavy in “Benefit” products. I really really like their products, despite their price. I’ve always felt that if you have a good base of products, you can use cheaper products for your colors, like eyeshadow and lipstick.
- Primers-For my face I use “That Gal” Primer from Benefit. For my eyes I use “Stay Don’t Stray” Primer from Benefit on the lids, brow bone and under eyes.
- Concealer-”Erase Paste” by Benefit applied with concealer brush under eyes and on any blemishes
- Foundation-Since it’s summer, I’ve eschewed foundation in favor of a tinted moisturizer, since my skin is in pretty good shape right now. Current favorite is “You Rebel-Lite” by Benefit
- Powder: “Get Even” by Benefit applied with powder brush
- Shadow Base: “White Shadow Base” by NYX. I started out using the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in “Milk” as I had seen on so many tutorials, like Lisa Freemont Street. The White Shadow Base is basically the same formula in a pot rather than pencil, so you get more product for the same price.
- Eyeshadow: “Nude on Nude” shadow palette by NYX. This is a neutral heavy palette from NYX, which is great for work. I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of my 120 palette. I’ve been leaning towards more 1950s and early 1960s looks which opens up a whole range of eye shadows that weren’t available in the 1940s.
- Eyeliner: I find that its easier for me, with my eyeshadow novice abilities, to map out my eyeliner trail with damp eyeshadow applied with a bent angle liner brush. Following this, I use the “Felt Tip Eyeliner” by NYX in either brown or black to trace the established line. This helps me get the wings to match on each eye.
- Mascara: “MillionsLashes” by L’Oreal. Apply, comb, apply second coat. This is a fabulous mascara in my opinion!
- False Lashes: I’m loving “Red Cherry 01″ lashes. For $1.50 to $2.00 a pair, they look as good as the M.A.C. lashes for a fraction of the cost. I always use Duo Lash Glue in clear.
- Blush-NYX Pressed Brush. “Peachy and Natural” are my favorites right now. I apply with a blush/contour brush. My vintage makeup book indicates that cheek color moved in decades following WWII. In the 1940s, blush was primarily used on the apples of the cheeks. In the 1950s and 1960s it became more of a contouring product.
- Moisturizer: I use whatever un-medicated lip balm I have on hand. Right now I’m using “Savannah Bee Store” lip balm in Earl Grey. This prevents matte lipstick from drying my lips out.
- Liner: NYX lip liner pencils in a generic pink, deep red, or wine.
- Lipstick: NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme. I love this stuff. My trio of favorite colors for daily wear are “Amsterdam, Monte Carlo and Antwerp.” I can’t gush about these enough. The range of colors changes slightly with your choice of lip liner.
I promise I will try pull out the mini tripod and scout out a new place to photograph my makeup this weekend. Hopefully we’ll have pictures next week.Share on Facebook